Grilling Safety Tips for Grand Traverse
There is nothing like firing up the grill during the summer months! A backyard barbecue can become dangerous quickly if the proper safety precautions aren't considered. SERVPRO of Grand Traverse Area want you to have an enjoyable and safe summer. Consider the following tips to ensure your summer celebrations are disaster-free!
- Propane and charcoal BBQ grills should only be used outdoors.
- The grill should be placed well away from the home, deck railings and out from under eaves and overhanging branches.
- Keep children and pets away from the grill area.
- Keep your grill clean by removing grease or fat buildup from the grills and in trays below the grill.
- When using a charcoal grill, let the coals completely cool before disposing in a metal container.
- Never leave your grill unattended.