Celebrate Summer Safely
SERVPRO of Grand Traverse Area hopes you stay safe and have an awesome summer. Consider the following tips provided by the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA), to keep you and your family safe.
- When using a charcoal grill, only use the starter fluids designed for barbecue grills; do not add fluid after coals have been lit.
- When using a gas grill, ensure the hose connection is tight; check hosed for leaks. Applying soap water to the hoses will easily and safely reveal any leaks.
- When camping, always use a flame-retardant tent and set up camp far way from a campfire.
- Always build a campfire downwind from the tent area. Clear vegetation and dig a pit before building your fire. Extinguish the fire before going to sleep or leaving the campsite.
- Store liquid fire starter (not gasoline) away fro your tent and campfire and only use dry kindling to freshen an existing campfire.
The summer season should be a time to make lasting memories and enjoy the great outdoors. Stay safe this summer!